Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Tempt My Tummy, Tuesday

Lisa, over at Blessed with Grace is hosting this blog carnival today. I got motivated yesterday to bake up something special for today. Saturday, my husband and I enjoyed roaming through the city market and brought home a peck of Georgia belle peaches.Photobucket
I looked in my new cookbook, The Book Lover's Cookbook, by Shaunda Kennedy Wenger and Janet Kay Jensen and found this wonderful recipe inspired by James and the Giant Peach, by Roald Dahl, for the Great Heavens - Peach and Cranberry Crisp. The only problem was it called for fresh cranberries and mine are dried, so I used blueberries instead!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
4 peaches, skins, pits, removed, sliced
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c all purpose flour, divided
11/2 c cranberries
1/2 c orange juice
1/2 c sugar
2 tsp. cornstarch
2 t. butter
[1/3 c brown sugar 1/4 c quick cooking oats] for this I substituted 2 packets of brown sugar/ cinnamon instant oatmeal
1. Combine the peaches 1/2c. sugar and 1/4 c flour in a medium bowl. Toss to coat and set aside.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
2. Place the cranberries, orange juice, and 1/2 c sugar in a medium pot. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low and simmer for one minute. Photobucket Remove from heat and stir in cornstarch. Add cranberry mixture to the peaches and stir to combine.Photobucket.
Pour peach cranberry filling into a 9 inch pie pan.Photobucket
3. Combine butter, brown sugar, 1/4 cup flour, and 1/4 c oats, in a bowl and mix with a fork or pastry blender until crumbly, then sprinkle over the dessert.
Photobucket
Bake at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes.
Photobucket
Makes 6 servings.
Photobucket
Dear husband loved it!!!

6 comments:

  1. That looks so good. This is totally something I would make.
    Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm peaches AND blueberries! That looks too good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I left out CRANBERRIES! Peaches, blueberries, cranberries, oooo mmmyyy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful. I looks great. I love blueberries and they are so big and juicy, right now. THanks for sharing. Wish I could taste it, right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure Mr.Centipede would have adored it!

    Love,
    dd

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~