Friday, August 22, 2008

Show and Tell, Friday

Photobucket
Kelli, over at There's no Place Like Home is hosting this fun meme! You will definitely want to stop in at her house to see other's treasures they're sharing today!
When we adopted Amanda 23 years ago we had a 15 month wait. At age 35 it was not easy, we were so excited. These dolls helped us in our vigil. I loved to shop for special, Asian influences to have at hand to keep Amanda connected to her roots.
Photobucket
My mom and dad were doing wood crafts during this time and they adapted a pattern for Amish dolls to reflect our dreams for our soon to be reality daughter, Amanda.
Photobucket Sooo cute!!

10 comments:

  1. oh how sweet!! What a neat way to anticipate the arrival of your adopted daughter. And think, one day she will be able to give them to her daughters :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute!! I am left handed and when I was in kindergarten (public school) my teacher tried to make me hold my paper like all the other kids in the class (who were right handed). I feel like that is why I don't have good handwriting today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your site! The music began to play as I was reading and it took me right back to my sister's wedding. She was married at Duns Castle and we had the most wonderful time. Our family has Buchanan ancestry and there were touches of it in the wedding. I wish we had had more time to tour Scotland - I remember passing a sign that had some reference to a William Wallace landmark so I hope to find it again one day.

    Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful! For her, for you, for your whole family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute to adopt the Amish doll to Chineese for you and your wait.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love dolls, so I love this post. I am originally from an Asian country so that even added to the mix :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! We have friends who adopted a little girl from China and I have just fallen in love with that little girl! So precious. As a parent of an adopted child myself I know the special love and meaning your little one brings to your life.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed your show and tell pictures very much. The joy of adopting your daughter is a special story to share.

    Hugs, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. What sweet dolls and special treasures!
    ~Kelli

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~