Saturday, August 16, 2008

Then sings My Soul Saturday

Amy, over at SIGN AND WONDERS is hosting this wonderful meme this morning! I am so pleased to join in with many others you can visit at her site.
This morning I am expectant! I am exultant, and filled with aniticipation!
I am expecting the best I yet to be. It sort of started simply with the following promise.
Photobucket
God's provision is so marvelous! His bounty is never ending! His promise to us to revealing of His nature and His love.. Then I ran across this hymn.
The Hymn of Promise
In the bulb there is a flower; in the seed, an apple tree;In cocoons, a hidden promise: butterflies will soon be free!In the cold and snow of winter there’s a spring that waits to be,Unrevealed until its season, something God alone can see.
There’s a song in every silence, seeking word and melody;There’s a dawn in every darkness, bringing hope to you and me.From the past will come the future; what it holds, a mystery,Unrevealed until its season, something God alone can see.
In our end is our beginning; in our time, infinity;In our doubt there is believing; in our life, eternity,In our death, a resurrection; at the last, a victory,Unrevealed until its season, something God alone can see.
The words just touch me deeply on so many levels. To me it says it all. We have our hope in God alone for all things come from and through Him. No matter what we are facing, no matter what the future holds, we can rest in Jesus- His promises and fulfillment of them is complete, just, and unfailing!

5 comments:

  1. Hello, I wanted to say hi. I found you through the Pink Saturday event, which I love!
    I am from California, but I have been to Scotland years ago with a missions group. Later we visited Wales. Eventually named our son Cardiff. Love that! I really enjoyed your blog and your posts! We do indeed serve a mighty God!
    Blessings, Debbie
    ribbonwoodcottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that song. What beautiful lyrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed the the Hymn of Promise you shared. your post reminds me of my favorite bible verse-Jerimiah 29:11-For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord. Plans for welfare and not for calamity, to give you a future and a hope. He is our future and our hope.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful hymn! Lovely post...Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful words, I love scripture. I didn't get to visit everyone on Saturday for Pink Saturday, but I thought I would this morning. What a lovely blog. I will visit again soon. Karen

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~