Monday, August 18, 2008

The Simple Woman Daybook

Photobucket


Peggy is hosting the Simple Woman Daybook on Mondays and it is my pleasure to join in. You can read many others over at her site.

For Today

Outside my Window... teams of volunteer PTA workers are sprucing up the playground of the school right across the street. It is looking so nice. It really is helping the general overall look of the block! Yaya!
I am thinking... about what I need to be doing when I finish my blogging for the day! It must be Bible study and prayer.
I am thankful for.... my family is uppermost in that department this morning.
From the kitchen... savory, spicy aromas are permeating the house. I am slow cooking my spaghetti sauce this morning!
I am creating... an atmosphere for intimacy with my Lord soon. I will put on a praise cd and just sit in my secret place and reflect on His goodness while I sing.
I am going... to the podiatrist this afternoon for a toenail problem. I need to focus on the Lord to renew mys trength and not be afraid!
I am wearing... a white polo shirt and my brown culottes.
I am reading ... Consuming Fire by Kathleen Morgan. I am really enjoying it!
I am hoping... dear husband will be able to work out a day to go to the university town and pick up out sil and go to play golf this week. Joshua is teaching there starting next week, and he had requested that Lynn try to work in a day this week before all the hoopla of the new term begins.
Around the house... the yard outside is crispy, crackly due to our lack of rain. I try to water the flowers every night, and the tomato plants. We need rain so badly. I am praying the remnants of that tropical storm heads up this way this week!
One of my favorite things...
I love to read about Scotland, travelogues, histories, romances, chivalric tales of the Templars. That is what I love about Kathleen Morgan's fiction, and she writes from the Christian perspective.
A Picture I thought I'd share today...
Photobucket My beloved weed, the thistle. I didnt take this photo, as I have no access to such a shot, but I did allow a thistle to grow up to be 6 feet tall in my shrub bed, because it seemed a sorry thing indeed to cut it down given the following information found here.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you. Your blogging must have been HS driven.....I was uplifted by the reading. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a wonderful week!

    ~Susan

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~