Thursday, August 21, 2008

Thankful Thursday


Photobucket
To visit other thankful sites click here!

I am so thankful today for my church. I am thankful for my dear friend Dottie, who first told me about the church. I would never have thought to attend there if it hadnt been for her recommendation. I never thought I would go to a Baptist Church- not that I have anything against it at all.
Our church history has run the full gambit of membership over the 36 years of our marriage. I was raised Methodist,eh, followed that by attending a Wesleyan fellowship which was loving, but eh,... got really transformed at a reformed Presbyterian church-grew in theology, and accountability, but then ,eh, something was still missing! Found the Holy Spirit at a grace covenant church and moved into a more experential dimension, but we were still not exactly happy with the whole package. Eh!
Then we found this wonderful Baptist church- a wonderful combination of it all. Beautiful music, wonderful worship, fabulous, uncompromising teaching, equipping for the kingdom life, fantastic fellowship! Praise the Lord for the body of Christ. When all parts of the body are functioning properly, it is a precious unit. Protecting that unity with prayer is imperative!Thank you, Lord!

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. May God shine upon your church always sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an inspiring post. Your church
    is just lovely. It is one of those you see and it just looks like church.
    I am so glad you found a place of worship where you can grow.
    Blessings to you and your new church family.
    Smiles,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank God for providing a church where you can worship and grow in Him together with His people! This is so precious. God continue to bless your walk with Him and your church too. Thanks for sharing your thankful heart with us. Take care and may God bless you always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Inspiring and thoughtful post Schotzy. I think everyone needs a place to go where they can worship God and feel at home. (((((hugs)))) Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~